Expert surgical care for the nervous system
The surgeons in the Houston Methodist Department of Neurosurgery are specially trained in the surgical treatment of cranial, spinal and peripheral nerve disorders.
Located on the campus of Houston Methodist Hospital, ranked among the nation’s top hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report, we have access to a vast network of highly specialized physicians and professionals, technology and research. Clinical trials of new therapies and continuing research into the causes of neurological illness — particularly in the areas of brain tumors, stroke, epilepsy, movement disorders and trauma to the brain and spinal cord — bring new, innovative treatment methodologies and techniques to our operating rooms, neuroradiology therapies and intensive care units.
We also believe in providing care that is balanced with skill and compassion — and that’s how we ensure that our patients will receive the best possible care.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Acoustic neuroma (vestibular schwannoma)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Brain and spinal tumors
- Brain injury and concussions
- Cervical degenerative disc disease
- Complex and endoscopic (minimally invasive) spine surgery
- Neuromodulation for movement disorders and epilepsy – including deep brain stimulation (DBS), vagal nerve stimulation (VNS), responsive neurostimulation (RNS), stereoelectroencephalography (SEEG)
- Skull base surgery
- Spine denegerative disease