Expert surgical treatment for neurological disorders
The surgeons in the Houston Methodist Department of Neurosurgery at The Woodlands are specially trained in the surgical treatment of cranial, spinal and peripheral nerve disorders.
Located on the campus of Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, we have access to a vast network of highly specialized physicians and professionals, technology and research. Clinical trials of new therapies and continuing research into the causes of neurological illness — particularly in the areas of brain tumors, stroke, epilepsy, movement disorders and trauma to the brain and spinal cord — bring new, innovative treatment methodologies and techniques to our operating rooms, neuroradiology therapies and intensive care units.
We also believe in providing care that is balanced with skill and compassion — and that’s how we ensure that our patients will receive the best possible care.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Adult spinal deformity and scoliosis
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Awake craniotomy and brain mapping
- Benign (noncancerous) pituitary tumors
- Brain, pituitary and spinal cord tumors
- Carotid disease and stroke
- Cervical disc disease
- Cervical fusion
- Chiari malformation
- Compression fracture
- Cranial and skull base surgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Facial pain
- Kyphoplasty and vertebral augmentation
- Spinal surgery