Six Houston Methodist hospitals recognized as top performers
Six Houston Methodist hospitals have been recognized as top performers in the Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership annual rankings from Vizient, a member-owned health care services company focused on improved patient outcomes in the health care industry.
- Houston Methodist Hospital: Ranked # 6 out of 107, Comprehensive Academic Medical Centers
- Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital: Ranked # 2 out of 127, Large, Specialized Complex Care Medical Centers
- The following hospitals are ranked in the Complex Care Medical Centers category out of 148 hospitals:
- Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital: Ranked # 1
- Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital: Ranked # 2
- Houston Methodist West Hospital: Ranked # 3
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital: Ranked # 6
“The recognition period for these awards was at the same time as our two most severe surges of COVID-19 patients, yet our hospitals continued offering our patients the highest-level safety and quality while dealing with two major waves of COVID-19 patients,” said Marc L. Boom, president and CEO of Houston Methodist. “This is a testament to Houston Methodist’s commitment to truly being unparalleled and always putting our patients first.”
The six hospitals are recognized in different categories for demonstrating excellence in delivering high-quality care. The measures include safety, mortality, effectiveness, efficiency, patient centeredness and equity. Vizient’s Quality and Accountability study provides a valuable tool to help gauge where hospitals stand and where they can use improvement. Click here to learn more about these awards.