COVID-19 Front-Line Heroes
Initiative Two - Summer and Fall 2021
To support Houston Methodist employees during this fourth surge of COVID-19, we created the COVID-19 Front-Line Heroes Appreciation Initiative Two. Houston Methodist leadership will be determining how best to utilize Initiative Two for our heroes during this surge. Examples of how these funds have been previously utilized include providing staff with meals, goodie bags filled with snacks and inspirational messages, and paid time off to rest and recharge.
As the pandemic rages on, these expressions of appreciation are welcomed by our employees as it keeps their spirits high and lets them know their sacrifices and service are supported by the community.
INITIATIVE ONE - SPRING AND SUMMER 2020
These heroes come from multiple units throughout the hospital system, from nurses and lab techs to nutrition and environmental services workers who ensure patient rooms and common areas are sanitized and safe. All share one common goal: to provide unparalleled care to COVID-19 patients, their families and the community. You can read some of the ways the community has said “thank you” here.
Our original goal for the COVID-19 Front-Line Heroes Appreciation Program was to provide these heroes with a paid day off and a $100 bonus to treat their families to a "Meal on Us." Because of your generosity, this summer we were able to meet this goal for our roughly 5,000 heroes.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US REACH THIS SIGNIFICANT MILESTONE!
Special thanks to:
• Wendy and Ben Moreland, Mary and Ron Neal, the Jerold B. Katz Foundation, The Astros Foundation, Pat and Steve Chazen, Christine and David Underwood, and Great Southwest Paper Company for establishing a challenge fund to inspire others to contribute;
• Dr. Stanley H. Appel for his leadership, and all the physicians who joined this effort throughout the Houston Methodist system; and
• The Houston Methodist Human Resources Department for leading the employee drive.
We are deeply grateful for your outpouring of support for these heroes.
- When making a contribution to the COVID-19 Front-Line Heroes Appreciation Program, select “I would like to add a note with my gift” in the payment section.
- Post your notes, pictures and drawings of encouragement, support and appreciation for our front-line staff on social media. Be sure to use the tag #HoustonWeCan so our Heroes see your message!