Volunteer Opportunities at Willowbrook
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital welcomes volunteers who want to offer their time, talent and dedication. Volunteers provide a valuable service to both patients and families.
At Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, volunteers are an essential part of our health care team, helping us deliver compassionate, world-class care to our patients and visitors. Our volunteer program offers many rewarding and meaningful opportunities — from interacting with patients to assisting staff or providing administrative support.
Who can volunteer?
Volunteers are a diverse group of people — young adults, college students, stay-at-home parents, as well as professionals and retirees. As a values-based organization, we choose individuals with a strong work ethic and those who possess personal values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence.
How to become a volunteer
All applicants for volunteer service at Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital must meet certain requirements. This includes passing a background check and drug screening; obtaining a TB test and flu shot each year; being compliant with all COVID vaccines (including a third vaccine dose); and completing the educational and safety training modules annually.
To submit an application
For adult volunteers (not in high school and age 18 and older), please download and complete the Volunteer Application and Volunteer Background Check Form for our year-round program. Please return your application to email@example.com. If your application is chosen for an interview, you will be contacted. Applications are kept on file for six months.
Summer 2023 Student Program:
Summer 2023 junior volunteers (current high school students and college students only available for the summer):
- Applications will be accepted from Wednesday, February 1 through Tuesday, February 28, 2023, in the Volunteer Services office at 18220 Tomball Parkway, Suite. 105. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please submit a typed Volunteer Application and Volunteer Background Check Form.
- All prospective applicants must be 16 years old as of June 1, 2023. (Please disregard the listed age requirement in red on the application).
- Students must provide proof of COVID vaccination, including first series and a booster. .
- Please submit two letters of recommendation on official letterhead from a teacher, counselor, coach, minister or previous supervisor. Recommendation letters may be included (enclosed in signed and sealed envelopes from the recommending party) along with the completed application.
- Include a copy of the most recent report card.
- All Houston Methodist Volunteers are held to the hospital I CARE values. In an essay of one page or less, please describe our Houston Methodist I CARE values as applied to a personal experience.
- Applicants must be available to interview for our open positions. If your application is chosen for an interview, you will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled on weekdays from March 13 through March 17, 2023. A mandatory orientation class will be held in mid-June and volunteer service hours will be available for approximately 7 – 8 weeks from the end of June through the beginning of August. Students are required to be available for at least two four-hour shifts per week during the summer session.
If you have further questions or would like more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact:
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital Volunteer Services
18220 State Hwy. 249, Suite 105
Houston, TX 77070
Thanks again for your interest in Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital Volunteer Services!