Volunteer Opportunities at Willowbrook
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital welcomes volunteers who want to offer their time, talent and dedication. Volunteers provide a valuable service to both patients and families.
At Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, volunteers are an essential part of our health care team, helping us deliver compassionate, world-class care to our patients and visitors. Our volunteer program offers many rewarding and meaningful opportunities — from interacting with patients to assisting staff or providing administrative support.
Who can volunteer?
Volunteers are a diverse group of people — young adults, college students, stay-at-home parents, as well as professionals and retirees. As a values-based organization, we choose individuals with a strong work ethic and those who possess personal values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence.
How to become a volunteer
Applicants for volunteer service at Houston Methodist Willowbrook must meet certain requirements, including passing a background check and drug screening, obtaining a TB test and flu shot each year, as well as annually completing the online educational and safety training modules.
To Submit an Application
For adult volunteers (not in high school and age 18 and older), please download and complete the Volunteer Application and Volunteer Background Check Form for our year round program. Applications are kept on file for six months. If your application is chosen for interview, you will be contacted.
Summer 2019 junior volunteers (current high school students and college students only available for the summer):
- Complete applications will be accepted from Friday, Feb. 1, 2019 - Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019. Submit completed applications to the Volunteer Services office located in the Women's & Children's Pavilion, Suite 105 (18220 State Hwy. 249, Houston, TX 77070).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please submit a typed Volunteer Application and Volunteer Background Check Form.
- All prospective applicants must be 16 years old as of June 1, 2019. (Please disregard the listed age requirement in red on the application.)
- Please submit two letters of recommendation on official letterhead from a teacher, counselor, coach, minister or previous supervisor. Recommendation letters may be included (enclosed in signed and sealed envelopes from the recommending party) along with the completed application.
- Copy of most recent report card.
- Copy of current picture ID.
- Essay – All Houston Methodist Volunteers are held to the hospital I CARE values. In one page or less, please describe our Houston Methodist I CARE values as applied to a personal experience.
- Applicants must be available to interview for our available positions. If your application is chosen for interview, you will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled weekdays from March 11 – March 15, 2019. A mandatory orientation class will be held in mid-June (tentatively set for June 18 in the afternoon) and volunteer hours will be available for approximately seven weeks from June 24 – Aug. 10, 2019.
If you have further questions, feel free to call 281.737.1063 or email HMWBvolunteers@houstonmethodist.org. Thanks again for your interest in Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital Volunteer Services!
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact:
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
18220 State Hwy. 249, Suite 105
Houston, TX 77070