Volunteer Opportunities at The Woodlands
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital welcomes volunteers who want to offer their time, talent and dedication. Volunteers provide a valuable service to both patients and families.
At Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, volunteers are an essential part of our health care team, helping us deliver compassionate, unparalleled care to our patients and visitors. Our volunteer program offers many rewarding and meaningful opportunities — from interacting with patients to assisting staff or providing administrative support. By volunteering at Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, many people have enriched their own lives while serving the community.
Who can volunteer?
Volunteers are a diverse group of people — young adults, college students, stay-at-home parents, as well as professionals and retirees. As a values-based organization, we choose individuals with a strong work ethic and those who possess personal values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence.
How to become a volunteer
Applicants for volunteer service at Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital must meet certain requirements, including passing a background check and drug screening, obtaining a TB test and flu shot each year, being compliant with all COVID vaccines, as well as annually completing educational and safety training modules.
To submit an application
For adult volunteers (not in high school and age 18 and older), please download and complete the Volunteer Application for our year round program. We ask that adult volunteers commit to offering their time at least one day per week, four hours per day. A typical term of service, unless otherwise negotiated, is one year or a minimum of 150 hours. Most of our volunteer opportunities take place Monday – Friday from 7 am to 5 pm.
Please submit your completed application via email to HMTWVolunteerServices@houstonmethodist.org. Applications are kept on file for six months. If your application is chosen for interview, you will be contacted.
Summer 2023 Student Volunteer Program:
Summer 2023 junior volunteers (current high school students and college students):
- All prospective applicants must be 16 years old as of June 1, 2023.
- Complete applications will be accepted from Wednesday, February 1 – Tuesday, February 28, 2023 and should be dropped off at the Healing Tower entrance of our hospital located at 17201 Interstate I-45 South, The Woodlands, TX 77385 Monday thru Sunday 5 AM to 9 PM. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Complete Applications will contain:
- Typed Volunteer Application. Click here to download the application form.
- Two letters of recommendation on official letterhead from a teacher, counselor, coach, minister, or previous supervisor. The recommending party should sign the letter and enclose it in a sealed envelope.
- Copy of most recent report card.
- Essay – All Houston Methodist Volunteers are held to the hospital ICARE values. In one page or less, please describe our Houston Methodist ICARE values as applied to a personal experience.
- If your application is chosen for interview, you will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled weekdays from March 20 – March 24, 2023.
- Interviewed applicants will be notified of acceptance on March 31.
- The program runs June 6 thru July 28. Mandatory orientation classes will take place on June 6, 7 and 8 from 8 AM to 5 PM. Students must attend all 3 dates for the entire length of the classes.
- During the program students will volunteer a minimum of 72 hours (24 will be from the mandatory orientation dates and the remaining 48 hours will be thru volunteer shifts).
Thanks again for your interest in Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital Volunteer Services!
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact:
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
17201 Interstate 45 South
The Woodlands, TX 77385