Benefits of Volunteering
Although the highest rewards for volunteer service are both intangible and immeasurable, Houston Methodist wants to recognize your time and work performance by extending the following benefits:
Letters of Recommendation
Upon completion of 100 hours of service, you may request a letter of recommendation from the Volunteer Services department.
More volunteer incentives:
- 15 percent discount on purchases at Houston Methodist Hospital's select hospital cafeterias
- Free parking provided while volunteering at the Smith garage, Scurlock garage, and Outpatient center garage
- Free flu shots given annually during the flu season. Communication will be sent to inform volunteers of the date, time and location.
- Free TB screening scheduled prior to beginning volunteer work and repeated annually
- Free CPR classes at Houston Methodist Hospital in the Texas Medical Center
- 20 percent discount in the hospital gift shop upon completion of 300 volunteer hours
- Houston Methodist Wellness Services access upon completion of 300 volunteer hours
- Wellness Programs eligible for volunteers who are 18 years of age or older at Houston Methodist Hospital
- Volunteer events at Houston Methodist Hospital
Find out more about volunteer training at the center near you