Benefits of Volunteering
Although the highest rewards for volunteer service are both intangible and immeasurable, Houston Methodist wants to recognize your time and work performance by extending the following benefits:
More volunteer incentives:
- Volunteer Bulletins All active Houston Methodist Hospital volunteers receive a weekly bulletin via email that broadcasts current short-term assignment opportunities, important mentions, office updates and other essential information. On occasion, a second “mid-week” bulletin is sent out if there are additional updates or information to be shared.
- Meal tickets after 4 hours of volunteering valid at Houston Methodist Hospital's select hospital dining locations on campus.
- 15 percent discount on purchases at Houston Methodist Hospital's select hospital dining locations on campus.
- A Letter of Recommendation may be requested from the Volunteer Services Department upon completion of 100 hours of service. Letters will be written at the discretion of the Director of Volunteer Services.
- Free parking provided while volunteering at the Smith garage, Scurlock garage, and Outpatient center garage
- Free flu shots given annually during the flu season. Communication will be sent to inform volunteers of the date, time and location.
- Free TB screening scheduled prior to beginning volunteer work and repeated annually
- Free CPR classes at Houston Methodist Hospital in the Texas Medical Center for volunteers who have completed 300 hours
- 20 percent discount in the hospital gift shop upon completion of 300 volunteer hours
- Houston Methodist Wellness Services access upon completion of 300 volunteer hours
- Wellness Programs eligible for volunteers who are 18 years of age or older at Houston Methodist Hospital
- Volunteer events at Houston Methodist Hospital
Find out more about volunteer training at the center near you