Dr. David Chiu has an active clinical practice that benefits from his extensive translational research in extending the time and quality of life for stroke patients through acute stroke treatment and stroke prevention in those who have experienced a transient ischemic attack (TIA) or stroke. Dr. Chiu has been principal investigator in several critical multicenter clinical trials that will ultimately impact improvements in prevention, treatment and rehabilitative sequelae of stroke.
- Stroke/cerebrovascular accidents
- Transient ischemic attacks
- Carotid surgery and angioplasty/stenting
- Brain aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations
- Atrial fibrillation and flutter
- Stroke recovery and rehabilitation