Childbirth Center at Clear Lake
Find a Specialist Near You
You want a supportive, caring environment to welcome your baby into the world, and we want to be that place for you. Our Childbirth Center is a full-service facility providing prenatal, labor, delivery, postpartum and neonatal care. You will take comfort in a home-like setting with a top-quality staff of experienced nurses and a wide range of specialists, including obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, anesthesiologists, neonatologists and pediatricians. Our caring doctors and staff offer mothers and newborns full, on-site medical support 24/7. At our Childbirth Center, you can rest assured the health of you and your baby is our top priority while providing a positive, memorable experience for you and your family.
Childbirth Center Resources
Preregister For Your Birth
Plan ahead and preregister for your stay with us. The best time to preregister is between 20-26 weeks into your pregnancy. You may complete your preregistration in person by visiting the main admitting office near the hospital’s front entrance. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information about preregistration, please call 281.523.2189.
You can begin your maternity preregistration online.
Childbirth Center Amenities
- Childbirth Center Navigation to assist throughout the registration process and to answer any questions you may have
- Labor and delivery suites with spa-like, private bathrooms and self-controlled ambient lighting
- Wireless, Bluetooth fetal monitoring available for patients who meet criteria
- Comfortable, private rooms for high-risk patients who require 24/7 maternal-fetal monitoring
- Birthing balls, mirrors and squat bar bed attachments to aid moms with natural deliveries
- Cable television, including a patient channel for newborn education
- iPads with streaming services
- Large, comfortable couches that pull out for overnight guests
- Food services brought directly to your room
Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
Please consult with your OB-GYN to determine the delivery method best for you.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unity (NICU)
Breast Pump Depot
Postpartum Physical Therapy
The weeks following childbirth are an important time for recovering your strength and function. For women, the postpartum period starts right after giving birth and lasts from about six weeks to several months.
Pelvic floor physical therapy addresses postpartum disorders, such as abdominal wall separation, incontinence, constipation and/or pain in the pelvic, vaginal and rectal areas.
Our team of highly specialized physical therapists is well prepared to work with you to optimize your recovery and function. A physician’s referral is required for starting pelvic floor physical therapy. For information or to schedule an appointment, call 281.333.8806.
Maternal Fetal Medicine