Center for Restorative
The Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine at Houston Methodist Hospital is the first of its kind in the Greater Houston area and is still one of the few centers in the country that offers a single-center location for the diagnosis and treatment of complex pelvic-floor disorders. Urogynecologists — specialty physicians trained in the areas of urology and gynecology — as well as traditional gynecologists and colorectal surgeons provide the most advanced care available for women and men with problems related to the lower urinary tract and the pelvic floor.
The specialists at the Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine will make your experience as comfortable as possible as they partner with you and your own doctor to develop the best treatment plan for you. The physicians, nurses and support staff that make up your medical team have many years of experience in dealing with these very personal conditions.
The Center provides consultation for the full range of conditions that involve the pelvic-floor and lower-urinary tract including the following:
- Urinary incontinence – the inability to control bladder function or leaking urine
- Fecal incontinence – the inability to control bowel function or leaking stool or gas
- Urinary or rectal fistula - an abnormal connection between the urinary tract or the bowel resulting in uncontrolled loss of urine or stool
- Pelvic-organ prolapse – the dropping or “falling” of the bladder, rectum, bowel, uterus or vagina from normal position
- Congenital abnormalities – pelvic-floor disorders including congenital vaginal agenesis or Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome
- Urethral masses – such as urethral diverticuli (bulging pouches along the urethra)
- Birth injuries to the pelvic floor
- Prior traumatic injuries, surgical procedures or radiation treatments
Your introduction to the center is through our patient coordinator, who evaluates your problem and arranges for you to see physicians from as many specialties as are indicated on a given day. We try to arrange your evaluation so that you see as many physicians as necessary on one day only to avoid multiple trips to the medical center.
The Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine offers a variety of treatment options for pelvic floor disorders including physical therapy and minimally invasive robotic surgery for pelvic surgery procedures.
Request an appointment online at the Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine, or contact us at 713.441.9229.
Houston Methodist Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine
6550 Fannin St., Suite 2100
Houston, TX 77030