At Houston Methodist, we are dedicated to research and deeply committed to finding new ways to prevent and treat illness and improve the health of our patients. Our goal is to make a clinical trial available to every patient who needs and wants to participate in one.
To learn how to refer a patient for one of our clinical trials or get information on eligibility for clinical trial participation, please contact the study coordinator for the trial or the Academic Office of Clinical Trials main line at 713.441.3250.
COAPT Trial: MitraClip for leaky Heart valve
This trial will evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the MitraClip device for the treatment of moderate-to-severe or severe mitral valve leak, also called functional mitral regurgitation, in patients with heart failure.
Learn how the trial will determine safety and effectiveness >
TEAL Study for Breast Cancer
This study will evaluate the Pathological Complete Response, which refers to complete disappearance of a tumor from the breast, when trastuzumab emtansine (TDM-1), lapatinib and Abraxane® are combined. This study is for patients with newly diagnosed HER2 positive breast cancer.
Learn more about assessing the toxicity, safety and efficacy of the drug combination >
Search by Keyword
- Blood and Lymph Conditions(12)
- Cancers and Other Neoplasms(48)
- Digestive System Diseases(20)
- Diseases and Abnormalities at or before Birth(3)
- Gland and Hormone Related Diseases(36)
- Heart and Blood Diseases(64)
- Immune System Diseases(8)
- Muscle, Bone, and Cartilage Diseases & Disorders(1)
- Nervous System Diseases & Disorders(14)
- Nutritional and Metabolic Conditions & Diseases(16)
- Respiratory Tract (Lung and Bronchial) Diseases(14)
- Symptoms and General Pathology(6)
- Transplant Trials(15)
- Urinary Tract, Sexual Organs, and Pregnancy Conditions(11)
- Viral Diseases(5)