Executive Health for International Patients
We understand that it can be a challenge to take time away from your work, home and family commitments to maintain your personal health and wellness. That is why Houston Methodist offers our Executive Health program to meet the needs of international patients who want concierge care in a private setting.
You deserve care that is personalized to you and your unique concerns, and that is what you can expect from us. As one of the top-ranked hospitals in the U.S., as noted by U.S. News & World Report, we achieve exceptional outcomes for our patients, and our doctors work together across many medical specialties to offer the best care possible.
We are located close to Houston’s international airports, which makes us a convenient and easily accessible option for international patients who are seeking a higher level of care. Learn more about planning your visit to Houston.
Our Executive Health Services for International Patients
An executive physical is a convenient way to get a thorough snapshot of your current health and risks. During your Executive Health assessment, we streamline all tests and exams that might ordinarily take place over several days or weeks and schedule them on the same day in a single four- to six-hour appointment. We will complete all your lab tests the same day as your exam. Your morning will begin with a blood draw and conclude with a discussion with your doctor, based on the results of your tests from that day. This kind of real-time assessment helps you and your doctor map out the appropriate plan for your health, and, if any specialist referrals are appropriate, or further testing is required, those follow-ups will be scheduled that day.
Your patient liaison from our Global Health Care Services team will help facilitate your registrations and other requirements for this appointment.
We will personalize your executive physical based on your needs and interests. If there is a particular area of concern you would like to address, or if there are additional preventive care tests you are interested in receiving, we can add individual services can be added to any of the offered health assessment packages. Your assessment may include:
- Physician exam, including a comprehensive medical history, exam and review
- Lab tests, including:
- CBC with differential
- C-reactive protein
- Fecal occult blood test
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Lipid profile
- Metabolic profile
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA+)
- Thyroid function
- Vitamin D
- Diagnostic tests, including:
- Hearing and vision tests
- Pulmonary function test
- Vital signs
- Cardiology tests, including:
- Resting electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Treadmill stress test
- Vascular age screening (CIMT) or CT heart scan
- Imaging tests, including:
- Bone density by DEXA scan
- Chest X-ray
- Fitness tests, including:
- Body composition and girth measurements
- Fitness assessment and consultation+
- Metabolic assessment
- Strength and flexibility assessment
- Executive wellness coaching
- Gourmet breakfast and lunch
- Therapeutic massage
- One-on-one sessions with a dietitian, fitness specialist and behaviorist
- A customized nutrition and fitness plan
- Periodic visits with a dietitian, fitness specialist and behaviorist
- Periodic visit with a physician, as needed, to track progress of health and wellness goals
Get Started With Your Executive Health Assessment
To schedule your Executive Health Assessment appointment, contact our Global Health Care Services team. You can also find out how to become our patient.
For more information about Houston Methodist’s Executive Health services, visit our English-only Executive Health page.