Bioengineering & Informatics Resources
Drug and RNAI Library Information
We have an extensive collection spanning 10 different libraries and consisting of over 120,000 drugs and compounds, many of which are FDA-approved and off-patent. The combination of this inventory with our repertoire of informatics and in silico technologies has played a major part in our research in the field of drug repurposing and drug discovery. For more details about our drug library, please contact Stephen Wong.
In Cores, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at Houston Methodist, a computing and storage environment has been established and continues to be upgraded. Two computing clusters, a 242-core Linux-based and a 64-core Windows-based, are online for intense computations required in our biomedical research.
- The Linux cluster — HP BL460c (8-core per node, with 8GB or 32GB memory) blade system and Thinkmat superBlade Module SBA 7142G (48-core or 64-core per node with 128GB or 512GB memory).
- The Windows cluster — HP BL460c (8-core per node, with 32GB memory) blade system with 4 storage servers (HP AIO1200, HP GL185 G5 and 2 of Dell PowerEdgeR 510) with a total capacity of 66 TB, which provide network storage and data backup. Furthermore, a GPU-based computing server (Dell PowerEdge C1100 with 4 NVidia Tesla M2070 GPU units) has been installed.
Externally, we have access to the BlueBioU IBM supercomputer located at Rice University and Supercomputing Linux clusters at Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC).
- BlueBioU is an IBM POWER7 computer cluster at Rice. The system contains 47 IBM P750 compute nodes. Each node has four eight-core IBM POWER7 processors running at 3.8GHz. Each core is capable of running four threads resulting in 128 threads per node with a cluster-wide total of 6016 threads and 1504 cores. Each node contains 256GB of RAM.
- Ranger and Lonestar are two Linux-based clusters at TACC with 62976 and 22656 CPU cores, respectively. The extremely intense simulations in our research can be carried out on these supercomputing facilities.
- Related software is also available.