ER vs. Urgent Care: Know When to GoNov. 27, 2019 - Katie McCallum
Some health issues are obviously severe or life-threatening, and there’s no second guessing that they require immediate medical attention at an emergency room. Then, there are those confusing symptoms that can feel unusually strange or painful — leaving you wondering whether an emergency room is necessary or not.
It’s important to know where to go to get the care you need before you’re sick or experiencing an emergency.
Learn which health issues or symptoms warrant a trip to the ER and which can be treated at an urgent care center.
Houston Methodist also offers Emergency Care Centers (ECCs), which are full-service ERs that are open 24/7 and provide:
- Board-certified emergency physicians and nurses
- On-site laboratory
- Full-service X-ray, CT and ultrasound
- Private treatment rooms
- Easy access and free parking
- Treatment for patients of all ages — children and adults
- Admission to a Houston Methodist emergency department, if needed