Eligibility & Application
Thank you for your interest in the Houston Methodist Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship program. Our program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and is registered with Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS); ACGME Program ID: 1544814135 - July Application Cycle. Please note, all applicants, including those local to the Greater Houston Area, will be interviewed virtually.
Eligibility and Application Process
To be considered for the Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship Program, certain requirements must be met:
- Must apply via the Electronic Residency Applicant Service (ERAS) and must enroll in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP)
- Be of good professional character with at least three letters of recommendation attesting to your academic and personal qualifications
- Graduate of a U.S. or Canadian Medical School accredited by the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME), or a medical school outside the United States and Canada with a current valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited or RCPSC-accredited (Canadian) three-year cardiovascular disease training program
- All applicants must have taken and passed all three steps of USMLE exams (first attempt preferred). DO graduates must have taken and passed all three steps of COMLEX USA.
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)-board certified in internal medicine and board-eligible in cardiology by completion of cardiology fellowship
- Applicants must be eligible for licensure (Physician in Training or Full License) by the Texas Medical Board
- Valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate for all foreign medical graduates
- Our program sponsors J1 visas. If you are an J1 visa holder, you must be eligible for one year of training at the beginning of the fellowship.
- Training is from July 1 through June 30 (no exceptions)