Cardiology for the
This one-day conference teaches non-cardiovascular physicians to identify common risk factors, guidelines and treatment approaches for cardiovascular diseases. Attendees learn from Houston Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center’s world-class faculty about the latest medical and surgical therapies for heart disease and advances in managing common clinical cardiovascular conditions. Faculty use a case-based approach to discuss the clinical challenges often associated with caring for patients with heart disease.
Primary care physicians, internal medicine physicians, family medicine physicians, critical care physicians, emergency physicians, fellows, residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and nurses will benefit from this course.
By the end of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify common cardiovascular risk factors in patients
- Recognize new guidelines and approaches in prevention, testing, diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease
- Describe updates in medical and surgical therapies for heart disease
- Discuss new advances in managing common clinical cardiovascular diseases pathologies
- Explain common clinical challenges among patients with heart disease
6670 Bertner Ave.
Houston, TX 77030