Tips to Live By
How Do Over-the-Counter Pain Relievers Work? (& 5 Other Common Questions About Them, Answered)April 5, 2022 - Katie McCallum
With several different over-the-counter pain relievers available, you might be wondering whether it matters which you choose.
According to Dr. Lola Okunnu, a primary care physician at Houston Methodist, it can matter in some cases.
The goal of any pain medication is to relieve pain, of course, but the common types of pain relievers do so in distinct ways. Plus, the different classes of pain medications act on different parts of the body, with some working on your kidneys and others working on your liver.
That's probably not the only question you have about pain medications.
In the video above, Dr. Okunnu answers:
- How do pain relievers work?
- Which pain reliever is best for headaches?
- Can acetaminophen and ibuprofen be taken together?
- Can either pain reliever help with menstrual cramps?
- Which pain reliever is best for a UTI?
- Which pain reliever is best for a hangover?
Please Enter Email
Please Enter Valid Email
Categories: Tips to Live By