heart of a woman
Heart disease is the number one killer of women in the United States, yet many women are unaware of their risk factors and potential symptoms, which differ from those of men. Increased awareness is key to preventing heart problems. Thus, Heart of a Woman is designed to educate women about the gender-specific symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease and how women can proactively improve their own heart health. Attendees can customize the experience with small-group breakout sessions in the afternoon.
- Define heart diseases
- State common risk factors for women with heart disease
- Recognize common discrepancies that exist between men and women with heart disease
- Identify signs and symptoms of heart disease
- Recognize latest diagnostic/treatment research and scientific advances, understanding the differences between men and women
- Describe latest recommendations and emerging interventional therapies for women vs men with heart disease
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Houston Methodist will award 5.50 Nursing Continuing Professional Development contact hours for this activity. Participants must attend the activity in its entirety and complete the continuing education evaluation.
2023 Heart of a Woman
The 2023 Heart of a Woman Conference will take place on February 11, 2023.
Registration coming soon!
6670 Bertner Ave.
Houston, TX 77030