Critical Care Symposium
This course is designed for members of interprofessional critical care teams to upgrade their clinical skills. The morning sessions feature expert speakers lecturing on a wide variety of critical care topics, including care for patients with brain injuries, ECMO vs prone therapy, vasoplegic shock, DNR law, and more.
In the afternoon, attendees break out into small-group workshops, including hands-on training that can be applied to everyday ICU practices. Workshop topics include:
- Point-of-care ultrasound in the ICU
- Hands-on vascular access
- Esophageal pressure management
- Manual proning of patients with ARDS
- Difficult airway including cricothyroidotomy
- Ventricular assist devices
- Early mobility in the ICU
- Venovenous and venoarterial ECMO
- Advanced hemodynamic monitoring devices
Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, allied health care professionals and others involved or with an interest in the management of critical care patients.
Upon completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Identify evidenced-based strategies to implement high-quality patient care
- List appropriate diagnostic tests for the critically ill patient
- Describe the updated ethical regulations regarding inpatient DNR orders
6670 Bertner Ave.
Houston, TX 77030