Core Manager: Adreanna Rivera, MD
To schedule resources for this core, please login to iLab.
For more information, download the core brochure.
At the Research Pathology Core, we assist with routine histology techniques for preclinical and patient samples, techniques such as embedding tissue, sectioning tissue blocks and staining sections. Our staff can also prepare custom tissue blocks, including multi-tissue arrays. We offer immunohistochemistry services that include antibody characterization as well as optimization and immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence staining. We also provide histology and immunohistochemistry services in support of research projects.
- Specimen processing and embedding
- Design and creation of tissue microarrays
- Cryostat training and technical support
- Tissue staining (H&E, Gram, GMS, Iron, Von Kossa)
- Immunohistochemistry (antibodies provided by core or investigator)
- Titration/optimization of antibodies
- Immunofluorescence (antibodies provided by investigator)
- Consultation with a pathologist upon request
- Provide supplies e.g. cassettes, formalin, slides, molds, and slide boxes
- Rush service available for an additional fee