Eligibility and Application
- Have successfully completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited orthopedic surgery residency training program
- Good professional character with at least three letters of recommendation attesting to your academic and personal qualifications
- A graduate of a U.S. or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME), or a college of osteopathic medicine in the U.S. accredited by the AOA, or a medical school outside the U.S. and Canada with a current valid certificate from the ECFMG prior to appointment, or have completed a Fifth Pathway program through an LCME-accredited medical school.
- Be licensable in the State of Texas and obtain before beginning training a physician-in-training (PIT) permit or a valid Texas medical license
- Permanent resident status
- We will not be accepting applications of Foreign Medical Graduates, unless they have met the above criteria (www.acgme.org).
Note: Houston Methodist no longer hires employees who use tobacco products. Our new tobacco-free hiring policy supports our mission to improve the health of our patients, our employees and the community around us. As a health care provider, we believe we should promote a healthy environment for our own employees and the communities where we work and live.
To begin the application process, you must submit the necessary materials through San Francisco Match:
- Complete MATCH application
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Medical student performance evaluation (MSPE)/dean’s letter
- Wallet-sized color photograph
- USMLE transcript (transmitted by the NBME)
- ECFMG status report (International Medical Graduates (IMGs) only)
- Three letters of recommendation (including letter from program director of current training program)