Residencies & Fellowships
Neurological Institute EducationThe best and brightest future neurologists and neurosurgeons receive exceptional training and preparation at the Houston Methodist Neurological Institute.
As a designated Center of Excellence within Houston Methodist, many of the Institute’s physicians serve as faculty members of Weill Cornell Medical College in providing fully accredited neurology and neurosurgery residency and fellowships programs in many of the subspecialty areas of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Neuropathology.
- Neurology Residency Program
- Neurosurgery Residency Program
A seven-year residency program in neurosurgery provides extensive exposure to advanced operative techniques, neurophysiology, neuropathology and neuroradiology. The program includes a full year of protected research time and eight months of focused subspecialty exposure in preparation for careers in research or clinical practice.
The Adult Neurology Residency Training Program is founded upon excellence in training, education and pioneer advances in science and medicine. The four-year program, beginning in the PGY1 year, provides comprehensive training in clinical neurology and mentored training in the clinical and basic sciences as a foundation for the practicing neurologist and physician-scientist.
- Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry Fellowship
- Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship
- Movement Disorders Fellowship
- Neurocritical Care Fellowship
- Neuropathology Fellowship
- Neuroimaging Fellowship
- Neuromuscular Medicine Fellowship
- Neurosurgical Spine Fellowship
- Vascular Neurology Fellowship