Clinical Translation &
At Houston Methodist, our deep commitment to finding new ways to prevent and treat illness so as to improve the health of our patients means that our primary goal is to make a clinical trial available to every person who needs and wants to participate in one. Houston Methodist monitors more than 300 clinical protocols; while not all of them are actively enrolling patients at this time, many are, with new ones being opened every month.
The Cockrell Centers for Advanced Therapeutics are located throughout the greater Houston metro area. They provide services, staffing and facilities to physicians for conducting internally and externally sponsored clinical research close to their practices. The Cockrell Centers also offer a Clinical Research Phase 1 Unit located in the Texas Medical Center that can conduct advanced pharmacokinetic or pharmacodynamic evaluations for early-phase and proof-of-concept clinical trials.
Our clinical research services for physicians and research investigators include:
- Research outpatient services
- Regulatory and budget management
- Private rooms for infusion
- Fully equipped specimen processing laboratory
- Adjacent state-of-the-art inpatient services, including critical care monitoring
- Secure storage, preparation, and dispensing services for investigational products with 24/7 temperature monitoring
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic sampling (extended hours)
Brain Regions Involved with Difficulty in Bladder Emptying
The purpose of this clinical trial is to further characterize regions of the brain involved in bladder emptying and target these regions for a potential therapy. Learn more >
Clinical Research Phase I Unit
Impact of Omega 3 Fatty Acids on Breast Cancer Patients
Safety and Performance of a device for cardiogenic shock