Eligibility & Application
- Medical school academic transcript (including a dean's letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- USMLE scores are required (must possess a minimum score of 215 and no previous fails)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Valid ECFMG certificate/J-1 visa (if applicable)
- Observerships are not offered
Applicants for residency must have graduated from medical school within three years and meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the U.S. accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside of the U.S. and Canada or Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. who have completed the Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school who meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a current valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Have a J-1 Visa or is a U.S. citizen, a naturalized U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Interview Selection Process
- ALL Applications can be submitted through ERAS for the NRMP on October 21, 2020
- Interview slots fill up quickly, so it is highly recommended that you submit early since interviews are granted on a first come-first served basis
- All information must be submitted prior to an application being reviewed
- Interviews are by invitation only (if you have been selected, we will contact you via email through Thalamus with the interview date and time)
- Application deadline is November 1, 2020
- No applications will be accepted or reviewed after the deadline
All interviews for the 2021 match will be done virtually per the AAMC guidelines using the Zoom platform. Applicants chosen to interview will be notified November 10, 2020 via email at the email address provided in ERAS. Our program does not extend more interview invites than we have interview openings for. We will allow applicants 48 hours to respond to any interview offer. If we have any applicants who decline an interview, we will extend on offer to an applicant on our waitlist. Please know that due to the amount of qualified applications that we receive we cannot interview everyone. If you do not receive an interview invite please know that we review all applications carefully and we can only interview a certain number of applicants.Each interview day will have three interview sessions.
*All interview dates will include a resident virtual social the evening before your interview.
- Interviews dates are:
- November 17
- November 24
- December 1
- December 8
- December 15
- January 5
For any general questions regarding the residency program, please contact Deanna Congdon, residency coordinator for the Houston Methodist OB-GYN program at 713.756.8374 or via email at DCongdon@houstonmethodist.org.