Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
The Houston Methodist PCSM Fellowship program is only one of three currently in the greater Houston area.
The program provides fellows with a broader understanding of the unique needs of the athletic population - setting a precedence in sports medicine training.
Under the direction of Scott Rand, MD, FAAFP, CAQSM, fellows receive multidisciplinary training on the advanced diagnosis and treatment of a broad spectrum of sports medicine-related injuries and illnesses affecting all ages and skill levels - from recreational athletes and weekend warriors to Olympic and professional athletes.
PCSM Fellowship training includes:
- Musculoskeletal sports injuries and conditions
- Mild traumatic brain injuries
- Multidimensional neuropsychological testing in concussion management
- Physical therapy and rehabilitative medicine
- Acute and chronic illnesses impacting training and performance
- Impact of exercise on certain medical conditions
- Casting and splinting
- Orthopedic surgical assisting
Program Coordinator - Willowbrook
Sr. Practice Manager
Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Coordinator – Willowbrook
Houston Methodist Orthopedics & Sports Medicine