Eligibility & Application
- Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital participates in the National Resident Matching Program and applications are processed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications are not accepted in any other formats.
- "Pre-Match" positions are not offered.
- Interviews will be offered through RezRate and will be scheduled virtually during November-January.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Common ERAS application form
- MSPE (Dean's letter)
- At least three (3) letters of recommendation (one letter can be the Chairman Letter or Standard Letter of Evaluation). All letters of recommendation should be current or within the last two years.
- Official medical school transcript
- Personal statement
In addition to above, applicants must:
- Passing scores, with no more than 2 attempts, on all USMLE or COMLEX exams. COMLEX can be considered in lieu of USMLE for students graduating from osteopathic schools
- Applicants must have graduated from medical school within the last three (3) years
Application deadline is November 1, 2023
Requirements for International Medical Graduates (IMG):
- Must be ECFMG-certified
- Must submit USMLE Step 2 (CK/CS) results by application deadline (November 1, 2023)
- Must submit an official English translation for all application materials
- U.S. Clinical Experience (USCE) is required, preferably in an academic medical center (observerships are considered as USCE)
- Must document USCE/observerships with a letter of recommendation by a supervising physician
- Only J-1 Visas are offered
Interview offers will be extended via RezRate and interviews will be scheduled between November 2023 and January 2024
- Half-day morning or afternoon
- Welcome from Program Leadership
- Virtual Hospital Tour
- Three interviews per applicant
- Program Director or Associate Program Director
- Two faculty interviews
- Time for wrap-up and Q&A
Program Contact Information: