Eligibility & Application
- 7.05.23 (9am ET)- Applicants May Begin to Submit Applications
- 7.19.23 (9am ET)- Program Receives Applications
- 8.23.23 (9am CT)- Match Opens
- 10.30.23 (11:59pm CT)- Program Application Deadline
- 9.27.23 (12pm ET)- Ranking Opens
- 11.29.23(12:00pm ET)-Match Day
Houston Methodist Hospital participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All positions are offered through the NRMP.
Applications must be processed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Paper applications are not accepted. All applications are carefully reviewed, and selected applicants are notified electronically through ERAS if an interview is requested.
"Pre-Match" positions are not offered.
**Please note: For the upcoming recruitment cycle, all applicants, including those local to the Greater Houston Area, will be interviewed virtually.**
- Complete a common ERAS application form
- At least three (3) other letters of recommendation; preferably, one of the letters should be from the program director of your residency program. All letters of recommendation should be current or within the last 2 years.
- Official medical school transcript.
- Personal statement.
- Passing score on all USMLE steps and/or COMLEX
- Three years previous internal medicine residency training or in good standing in the third year of residency at the time of the application.
- Will consider H-1 and J-1 Visas.
Application Deadline: October 30th
Interview Season: August through October
Q: How long does the virtual interview day last?
A: Our typical interview day is from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00p.m. (central time)
Q: Can I change my interview date once I have been scheduled?
A: We would appreciate a 72-hour/3-day advance notice so that we can make the appropriate schedule changes. We cannot guarantee that an alternate interview date will be available.
Q: How do I contact my interviewers/tour guides after the interview day if I’d like to follow up?
A: All correspondence is to be submitted to Michelle Sullins via email at email@example.com.
Drug and Tobacco Screening
Job seekers will be tested for nicotine and drug usage during the post-offer physical. If a job seeker tests positive for nicotine use, including nicotine gum and patches, the offer will be rescinded, and individuals will be given the opportunity to participate in a free Houston Methodist-provided tobacco cessation program. Job seekers wishing to reapply after testing positive for nicotine may do so 90 days after the date the initial offer was rescinded. If the job seeker tests positive for drug use, the offer will be rescinded. Job seekers wishing to reapply after the drug screening is positive may do so one year after the date the initial offer was rescinded.
Prior to employment start date, job seekers must complete a criminal background check.
In addition, as we continue to protect the health of our community, all new hires will be required to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and booster or submit proof of previous vaccination.