Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Our collaborative team of physicians, nurses, therapists, and researchers are committed to providing the highest level of patient care while continuing to discover and advance new, innovative rehabilitation therapies.
This dynamic group of physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors established their practice at Houston Methodist Hospital with more than 50 years of combined experience in academic and clinical teaching. These doctors evaluate and treat a wide variety of disorders, including orthopedic conditions, neurologic conditions and pain, as well as general conditioning, nutrition and wellness needs. They offer a full spectrum of rehabilitation services at all levels — including acute care consultation, acute inpatient rehabilitation and skilled nursing consultation — at our Rehabilitation Center and at a variety of outpatient clinics.
We offer a full spectrum of physical medicine and rehabilitation services, including the following:
- Conservative management of pain, musculoskeletal and spine care
- Rehabilitative needs of stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury and other neurologic conditions
- Management of outpatient and home health therapies
- Evaluation for appropriate durable medical equipment (DME)
- Evaluation for appropriate exercise and nutrition programs
- Lifetime functional and quality of life needs
- Gait and balance disorders
- Orthotic and prosthetic management
- Rehabilitation management of bowel and bladder, spasticity, and skin
- Disability evaluations
- Wheelchair evaluations
- Comprehensive specialty clinics: wheelchair, multiple sclerosis, stroke, Bioness