Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Training
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) training team creates resources for all employees to learn and develop skills to discuss and understand anti-racism, anti-bias, diversity, equity and inclusion at Houston Methodist. Developing these skills is essential to improving and enhancing the culture at Houston Methodist.
Starting with the foundational course “Together We Grow,” the DEI training team will deliver various training experiences that will be available to all Houston Methodist employees.
Please see below for dates and topics of upcoming trainings, as well as our DEI toolkit (a resource guide that can be used to begin and continue DEI conversations).
For questions about DEI training, contact the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Office by emailing Kamali Archer at email@example.com.
Together We Grow- All Employees and Physicians
The Together We Grow Virtual Learning Map® experience seeks to engage participants in conversation around our DEI strengths and opportunities at Houston Methodist. This training has been recognized as an important effort throughout our organization and reinforced by our executive team as a strategic priority. This 120-min session uses a visual metaphor to promote dialogue and understanding among team members from different parts of the organization.
The main objectives of Together We Grow are to:
- Align our vision for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture at Houston Methodist, focusing on our I CARE values
- Highlight the tools and drivers we’re using to grow our capabilities in diversity, equity and inclusion, both internally and externally
- Make a personal connection to our diversity, equity and inclusion vision and drivers, recognize our own biases and identify how we can make positive change
*Note that this session is the first of several initiatives, activities and communications we have planned for the upcoming year.
Managing Unconscious Bias Training- Coming Soon!
Unconscious bias can get in the way of true diversity and inclusivity. The Managing Unconscious Bias training session will provide you with the tools and skills to recognize and articulate various types of unconscious bias, and effectively begin to mitigate them.
- Navigating Multigenerational Teams
- Gender Identity & Expression
- Understanding Microaggressions
- Hiring for Inclusion
- Beyond Cultural Competency
- From Equality to Equity
- Developing Diverse Teams
- Diversity Recovery
For suggestions about DEI training topics, contact the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Office by emailing Kamali Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org.