Why Choose A Comprehensive Stroke Center
This means that in Harris County, where the stroke death rate is twice the national average, patients who receive care at Eddy Scurlock Stroke Center have better outcomes with fewer complications than at other area hospitals. Dr. David Chiu, medical director of the center, helped develop the certification standards now used by accrediting agencies nationwide.
Certified by DNV Healthcare, Inc., one of the leading accrediting agencies for U.S. hospitals, the Eddy Scurlock Stroke Center has the proven resources, infrastructure, processes and highly trained staff in place to provide the very best in stroke care, including the following:
- Stroke care specialists that include neurologists, neurosurgeons, interventional neuroradiologists, cardiologists, rehabilitation therapists, neuropsychologists and a highly dedicated nursing staff
- Expert neuro-critical care seven days a week, 24 hours a day, to provide immediate stroke intervention and care
- Use of clot-busting tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) for ischemic stroke treatment at rates higher than the national average
- State-of-the-art neurovascular and endovascular procedures for repair of aneurysms and other causes of hemorrhagic strokes (brain bleeds)
- Proven protocols for the diagnoses and treatment of the underlying causes of stroke
- Active participation in multiple clinical research trials to improve and advance stroke treatment
- Award-winning stroke outreach program to educate the community on stroke recognition and prevention
- Stroke outpatient clinic for continued care following stroke
- Monthly support group meetings for stroke survivors, families and caregivers
DNV Certified Center
6560 Fannin St.
Scurlock Tower, 8th Floor
Houston, TX 77030
6565 Fannin St.
Main 6 SW
Houston, TX 77030