Mindfulness is a process of bringing one’s attention to the present moment, intentionally and without judgment. Research has consistently shown a positive relationship between mindfulness and psychological health. Within the health care settling, research shows that a mindful staff directly correlates to positive and consistent patient outcomes.
Houston Methodist’s mindfulness initiative provides tools that assist the employee to practice mindfulness. To date, many modalities of education on mindfulness have been deployed: mediation technique classes, various expert speaking events, etc. The mindfulness initiative has developed employees’ mental fitness, assisted with stress reduction, improved resilience, confidence and self-efficacy, and has enhanced collaboration and a sense of community in general.
- Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Ambulatory Care
- Clinician Mindfulness and Patient Safety
- Mindful Practice: A Key to Patient Safety. Focus on Patient Safety.
- The Role of Mindfulness in Enhancing Self-Care for Nurses
- The Mindful Nurse
- Mindful Communication: A Novel Approach to Improving Delegation and Increasing Patient Safety
- The Mindful Nurse Leader
- How Mindfulness Can Benefit Nursing Practice