The Office of Academic Development serves Houston Methodist faculty, trainees, researchers and clinicians by providing the following services:
- One-on-one coaching: Our team can meet with individuals or small groups to offer guidance on research and education efforts as well as academic professional development.
- Customized workshops: Our team also offers hands-on workshops for large groups in everything from Basics of Study Design to Mentoring Interprofessional Teams.
- Library Services: Our Houston Methodist librarians will continue to provide outstanding research support.
- Graphic Facilitation: Invite one of our team members to an upcoming meeting or presentation and we can create a "live" work of art that captures your content.
- Whiteboard Animation: Team members are available to convert the published research of trainees into highly interesting animated whiteboard videos to be posted on their personal social media accounts.
Health Care Innovations in Education Research (HIER)
- HIER Original Research: Our office designs, implements, evaluates and publishes on innovative educational efforts at Houston Methodist in top-tier journals.
- HIER Online: We curate a virtual monthly expert series on innovations in healthcare training and education.
- HIER In Person: Our office hosts an annual national conference on the latest in healthcare education research.