High School Research Internship
Translational Research for High School Students
Omkar Borikar (Right), 2019 High School Research Intern
All high school students interested in research must complete this application. This internship is unpaid, and highly competitive, only accepting 4-6 applicants per summer. (Note that the Caring Teen Volunteer Program no longer accepts applications for young researchers). In order to be considered for the High School Research Internship, applicants must:
- Be at least 16 years of age on or before June 2021.
- Display interest in translational research.
- Have a competitive course load in the sciences.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Complete the application in MERLIN. Select the following:
Learner Type: Research Summer Intern
Intern Subtype: High School Research Intern (checkmark)
- If accepted, commit to the full 10-week internship and complete all supplemental paperwork.
- Note: High School students are only eligible for this research opportunity. Non-research opportunities are offered Caring Teens Volunteer Program. See information below.
OTHER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The Caring Teens Volunteer program is a volunteer opportunity for high school students to serve at Houston Methodist during the summer. A full description for the Caring Teen Volunteer Program, as well as their application, can be found at their site. Please note that the Caring Teens Volunteer Program is for non-research volunteers only.