Eligibility & Application
Thank you for your interest in the Transitional Year Program at Houston Methodist.
Applications and required documentation must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service(ERAS).
Program applicants must meet the requirements below to be considered for an interview:
- Submit a completed application through the ERAS system
- Passed the USMLE on first attempt with a score of 220 or higher
- Eligible for subsequent licensure in the state of Texas
- Apply within two years of medical school graduation or last U.S. clinical experience
- Performed at least one year of U.S. clinical experience if the applicant is an international graduate
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident; this program does not sponsor visas
Interview Selection Process
We encourage early application as the interview slots fill quickly.
- Our interview selection process begins in October.
- Applications are accepted up to the last week of December.
For Additional Information
Contact us: 713.790.3333
Outside Houston: 877.790.3627