About Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston Methodist Hospital is a not-for-profit, faith-based, 907-bed hospital located in the Texas Medical Center. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been providing highly specialized health care services to our community and the world through our hospital and our six Centers of Excellence. Our services include advanced cancer care, heart care, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine and much more.
Houston Methodist is proud to offer the highest quality patient-focused, family centered care in a spiritual environment. In close affiliation with the Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church, Houston Methodist continues its longstanding commitment to improving the community’s health and well-being.
The Houston Methodist Difference
What makes Houston Methodist Hospital stand out?
- Experience – For decades, Houston Methodist has been providing exceptional services in state-of-the-art facilities. Our talented doctors, nurses, specialists and support staff care for nearly 400,000 emergency room, outpatient visits and admissions each year.
- Exceptional patient care – We offer values-based, personalized care to every patient who walks through our doors. Our staff is deeply committed to Houston Methodist’s “I CARE” values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence in all they do.
- A caring and healing environment – We deliver patient-focused, family centered care in an environment that is calming, comforting and, most of all, spiritual.
Why Choose Us?
When you visit Houston Methodist, you can rest assured that you’re visiting an exceptional facility that provides the highest quality health care, as evidenced by the following awards and designations:
- The Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award, for demonstrating superior performance as an academic medical center and excellent patient care
- Magnet recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, for providing quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing
- PRISM Award, recognizing exceptional nursing practices, leadership and outcomes in hospital medical-surgical units Learn more >
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals, by HealthGrades, for excellence in several key performance areas that lead to better outcomes for patients See details about our score >
- American Board of Nursing Specialties recognizes Houston Methodist as an organization that continually promotes specialty nursing certification
- Best Hospital in Texas recognition. U.S. News & World Report has recognized Houston Methodist as the No. 1 hospital in Texas for patient experience and advanced technology every year since the award was created Learn more >
Volunteering at Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston Methodist volunteers are an important part of our hospital community. Learn more >