Houston Methodist’s Step LITESM program is a moderate weight loss program designed for patients who are ready to lose a few pounds but need help getting started.
The Step LITESM program at the Houston Methodist Weight Management Center is staffed by licensed, registered dietitians and professional counselors who share tools to help you improve your health and produce the weight loss results you want via self-monitoring and exercise. Unlike our low-calorie medical weight management option, the Step LITESM eating plan includes a low-calorie diet plus the same great tasting products available only through our program.
- Weekly check-in and group sessions led by licensed professionals
- Session topics on lifestyle change, healthy eating, grab-and-go eating, stress reducers and more
- Supportive environment
- Flexible meal plans
- A realistic, healthy approach to weight loss tailored to the individual
- Session focus on group activities that promote day-to-day healthy lifestyle habits
- Safe weight loss of up to two pounds per week
Diet Plan Features
- A low-calorie meal plan including meal replacements and products
- Bars, beverages, soups and snacks available for purchase
Step LITESM Program Results
From 2008 to 2014, 474 patients participated in Houston Methodist’s Step LITESM program and lost an average of 9.2 percent of their body weight, or an average of 22.5 pounds, after 16 or more weeks.
Houston Methodist provides the Step LITE℠ program at the following convenient locations.