Twice every month, the Houston Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center Valve Clinic hosts a Valve Conference to discuss complex clinical cases, involving both patients seen at the Valve Clinic and valve disease patients from referring physicians outside Houston Methodist.
Conference participants include a multidisciplinary team of cardiovascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists and imaging experts. The discussion covers diagnostic considerations and strategies, available treatment options and surgical intervention where appropriate.
This forum can be used to assess risk in complex cases, or simply to get a second opinion.
- Multimedia capabilities allow discussion of patient imaging data (echocardiography, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), or angiogram), audio and video.
- Teleconference options allow the involvement of referring physicians at any location who would like to discuss their cases with other experts in valve disease.
After each Valve Conference, a summary letter outlining the issues presented, the discussion and the treatment consensus is sent to the referring physician and physicians at the clinic for review.
This conference is unique to the Houston Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center Valve Clinic and has provided a invaluable resource to both referring physicans and the local heart team since early 2009.
To Refer a Clinical Case for Valve Conference
- By Phone: 713-441-2863
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Refer a Patient to the Valve Clinic
- By Phone:713-441-2863
- By Fax: Print and complete the Patient Referral Form and fax it to 713-441-4935
- Online: Complete the online referral form