The Methodist Hospital is associated with the United Methodist Church. While this is our spiritual foundation, non-denominational pastoral and spiritual services are available to all of our patients.
The Spiritual Care and Education department is staffed by clergy representing many different denominations. Any time a patient wishes to speak with a chaplain, he or she may ask a nurse or call 713-790-2381. After hours, on weekends, and on holidays, an on-call chaplain may be paged by calling 713-790-2201.
Worship services are conducted in the Wiess Memorial Chapel, located on the first floor of the Dunn Tower.
- Sunday, 10:00 a.m.—Interdenominational Protestant Service
- Sunday, 11:00 a.m.—Roman Catholic Mass
- Monday through Friday, 8:20 a.m.—Morning prayer service
- Wednesday, noon—Interfaith service
- Thursday, 8:20 a.m.—Holy Communion service
- Friday, noon—Roman Catholic Mass
Muslim Prayer Center
The Muslim Prayer Center is located on the first floor of the Fondren Brown Building and is open 24 hours a day. Prayer timing is posted by the Center doors as well as on in-room television Channel 5.