Nour Sneige, M.D.
Department of Pathology and Genomic Medicine
Houston Methodist Hospital Physician Organization
6565 Fannin Street, Suite M227
Houston, Texas 77030
Dr. Sneige received her M.D. degree from the Damascus University School of Medicine in Damascus, Syria in 1972. She then completed a residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at the Wilmington Medical Center in Wilmington, Delaware and at Barnes Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri followed by a surgical pathology fellowship at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Dr. Sneige remained at M.D. Anderson and joined the faculty in the Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology/Laboratory Medicine in 1982. She became a full professor there in 1993. She has held several leadership positions in the cytology section of the department and was section chief from 1998-2007. Dr. Sneige joined Houston Methodist Hospital Physician Organization in 2011.
Dr. Sneige is a general surgical pathologist with subspecialty certification in cytopathology. Her research interests center on process improvements and outcomes studies in cytopathology.
Representative Recent Publications
Sneige N, Dawlett MA, Kologinczak TL, Guo M. Endosalpingiosis in peritoneal washings in women with benign gynecologic conditions: Thirty-Eight Cases Confirmed With Paired Box-8 Immunohistochemical Staining and Correlation With Surgical Biopsy Findings. Cancer Cytopathol. 2013 May 14. [Epub ahead of print]
Guo M, Gong Y, Wang J, Dawlett M, Patel S, Liu P, Bevers TB, Sneige N. The role of human papillomavirus type 16/18 genotyping in predicting high-grade cervical/vaginal intraepithelial neoplasm in women with mildly abnormal Papanicolaou results. Cancer Cytopathol. 2013 Feb;121(2):79-85.
Duan X, Sneige N, Gullett AE, Prieto VG, Resetkova E, Andino LM, Wu Y, Gilcrease MZ, Bedrosian I, Dawood S, Arun B, Albarracin CT. Invasive paget disease of the breast: clinicopathologic study of an underrecognized entity in the breast. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012 Sep;36(9):1353-8.
Sneige N, Thomison JB, Malpica A, Gong Y, Ensor J, Silva EG. Peritoneal washing cytologic analysis of ovarian serous tumors of low malignant potential to detect peritoneal implants and predict clinical outcome. Cancer Cytopathol. 2012 Aug 25;120(4):238-44.
Geyer FC, Lacroix-Triki M, Colombo PE, Patani N, Gauthier A, Natrajan R, Lambros MB, Khalifeh I, Albarracin C, Orru S, Marchiò C, Sapino A, Mackay A, Weigelt B, Schmitt FC, Wesseling J, Sneige N, Reis-Filho JS. Molecular evidence in support of the neoplastic and precursor nature of microglandular adenosis. Histopathology. 2012 May;60(6B):E115-30.
- Kundu UR, Guo M, Landon G, Wu Y, Sneige N, Gong Y. Fine-needle aspiration cytology of sclerosing adenosis of the breast: a retrospective review of cytologic features in conjunction with corresponding histologic features and radiologic findings. Am J Clin Pathol. 2012 Jul;138(1):96-102.
- Antic T, Gong Y, Sneige N. Tumor type and single-cell/mesothelial-like cell pattern of breast carcinoma metastases in pleural and peritoneal effusions. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012 Apr;40(4):311-5.
Landon G, Stewart J, Deavers M, Lu K, Sneige N. Peritoneal washing cytology in patients with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations undergoing risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomies: A 10-year experience and reappraisal of its clinical utility. Gynecol Oncol. 2012 Jun;125(3):683-6.
Zhao L, Guo M, Sneige N, Gong Y. Value of PAX8 and WT1 Immunostaining in Confirming the Ovarian Origin of Metastatic Carcinoma in Serous Effusion Specimens. Am J Clin Pathol. 2012 Feb;137(2):304-9.
Arun BK, Valero V, Liu D, Brewster AM, Green M, Gutierrez-Barrera AM, Akar U, Rivera E, Esteva FJ, Buzdar AU, Hortobagyi GN, Sneige N. Short -term biomarker modulation prevention study of Anastrozole in Women at increased risk for second primary breast cancer. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2012 Feb;5(2):276-82.
Arun BK, Dhinghra K, Valero V, Kau SW, Broglio K, Booser D, Guerra L, Yin G, Walters R, Sahin A, Ibrahim N, Buzdar AU, Frye D, Sneige N, Strom E, Ross M, Theriault RL, Vadhan-Raj S, Hortobagyi GN. Phase III Randomized Trial of Dose Intensive Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy with or Without G-CSF in Locally Advanced Breast Cancer: Long-Term Results. Oncologist. 2011;16(11):1527-34.
- Gong Y, Huo L, Liu P, Sneige N, Sun X, Ueno NT, Lucci A, Buchholz TA, Valero V, Cristofanilli M. Polycomb group protein EZH2 is frequently expressed in inflammatory breast cancer and is predictive of worse clinical outcome. Cancer. 2011 Dec 15;117(24):5476-84.
- Khazai L, Kundu UR, Jacob B, Patel S, Sneige N, Eapen GA, Morice RC, Caraway NP. Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration biopsy is useful evaluating mediastinal lymphadenopathy in a cancer center. Cytojournal. 2011;8:10.
- Downs-Kelly E, Bell D, Perkins GH, Sneige N, Middleton LP. Clinical implications of margin involvement by pleomorphic lobular carcinoma in situ. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2011 Jun;135(6):737-43.
- Marshall CB, Jacob B, Patel S, Sneige N, Jimenez CA, Morice RC, Caraway N. The utility of endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration biopsy in the diagnosis of mediastinal lymphoproliferative disorders. Cancer Cytopathol. 2011 Apr 25;119(2):118-26.
- Xiao C, Gong Y, Han EY, Gonzalez-Angulo AM, Sneige N. Stability of HER2-positive status in breast carcinoma: a comparison between primary and paired metastatic tumors with regard to the possible impact of intervening trastuzumab treatment. Ann Oncol. 2011 Jul;22(7):1547-53.
- Guo M, Baruch AC, Silva EG, Jan YJ, Lin E, Sneige N, Deavers MT. Efficacy of p16 and ProExC immunostaining in the detection of high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and cervical carcinoma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2011 Feb;135(2):212-20.