"Don't Forget" Checklist
Some things to bring:
Try to pack your suitcase about one month before your due date.
- Robe, slippers and comfortable clothes to rest and sleep in after birth
- Toiletry items, makeup and other personal care items
- Things to use during birth such as massage items and a portable mp3 or CD player
- Baby clothes if desired by parents
Things needed for Baby
- Car seat
- Blanket, hat and sweater/jacket according to weather
Pre-Registration: You should pre-register by the seventh month of pregnancy.
- By phone: 281-420-8500
- Online: www.sanjacintomethodist.com
- In person: Registration is located on the first floor to the left of the main entrance. Monday – Friday 5:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Saturday from 7:00a.m – 1:00 p.m.
Your Arrival and Admission
During your pregnancy, discuss with your health care provider about what labor signs and symptoms to look for, when to come to the hospital or when to call the physician.* When you think that you are in labor, report to the labor and delivery nursing station on the third floor. The main hospital entrance is open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. The emergency room entrance is open 24 hours per day. Wheelchairs are available as needed.
*If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1.