After completing a neuroradiology fellowship at Tufts-New England Medical Center, Dr. Klucznik served as the chief of neuroradiology CT/MRI at the Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center of the Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas where he received the Air Force Commendation Medal. He then completed an interventional neuroradiology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas and subsequently was appointed Assistant Professor of Radiology at BCM in 1996. Dr. Klucznik joined the staff at Houston Methodist Hospital that same year as an interventional neuroradiologist and was appointed Director of Interventional Neuroradiology at TMH in 2005. Since joining Houston Methodist, Dr. Klucznik has served on numerous committees including the Medical Staff Quality Management Committee, Neurology Care Management Performance Improvement Subcommittee and the Quality Assurance Committee for Endovascular, which he chaired in 2006.
- Interventional neuroradiology
- Itracranial stenting
Dr. Klucznik conducts clinical and translational studies to evaluate the safety and efficacy of endovascular treatments for various neurological disorders.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA (BS) - Zoology, Summa Cum Laude
- Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA (MD) - Radiology, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA- Surgical Internship
- David Grant Medical Center, Fairfield, CA, Diagnostic Radiology Resident
- Tufts-New England Medical, Boston, MA, Fellowship, Neuroradiology
- Baylor College of Medicine at Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX - Fellowship, Interventional Neuroradiology
- Shuaib A, Schwab S, Rutledge JN, Starkman S, Liebeskind DS, Bernardini GL, Boulos A, Abou-Chebl A, Huang DY, Vanhooren G, Cruz-Flores S, Klucznik RP, Saver JL. Importance of Proper Pateint Selection and Endpoint Selection in Evaluation of New Therapies in Acute Stroke: Further Analysis of the SENTIS Trial. JNIS, 0:1-4, 2013
- Rangel-Castilla L, Holman PJ, Chandan K, Trask TW, Klucznik RP, Diaz OM. Spinal Extradural Arteriovenous Distulas: A Clinical and Radiological Description of Different Types and Their Novel Treatment with Onyx. J Neurosurg Spine 15:541-549, 2011
- Arat O, Volpi J, Arat A, Klucznik R, Diaz O. Bilateral Internal Carotid Artery and Vertebral Artery Dissections with Retinal Artery Occlusion After a Roller Coaster Ride – A Case Report and Review. Ulus Trauma Acil Cerrahi Derg Vol 17(1): 75-78, Jan 2011
- Rangel-Castilla L, Krishna C, Klucznik R, Diaz O. Endovascular Embolization with Onyx in the management of Sinus Pericranii: A case report. Neurosurg Focus 27 (5):E13, 2009
- Nahab F, Lynn MJ, Kasner SE, Alexander MJ, Klucznik R, Zaidat OO, Chaloupka J, Lutsep H, Barnwell S, Mawad M, Lane B, Chimowitz MI, NIH Multicenter Wingspan Intracranial Stent Registry Group. Risk Factors Associated with Major Cerebrovascular Complications after Intracranial Stenting. Neurology, 72(23):2014-9, Jun 9, 2009