Cardiology, Critical Care, Drug Information/Formulary Management, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Research and Management, Continuity of Care, and Community hospital clinical service
- Elective rotations may be selected from, but are not limited to, the following: Bone Marrow Transplant, Hematology/Oncology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Solid Organ Transplant, Pharmacy Informatics, and Medication Safety. Residents may also repeat any rotations in which they have a particular interest.
Formal case, guideline, disease state overview or journal club presentation to the clinical pharmacy staff.
- Develop or revise a Policy and Procedure
- Participate in recruitment for next year's PGY1-International Graduates residents.
- Attend the following committee meetings: Medication Usage and Formulary Evaluation, Medication Outcomes Management, and Pharmacy and Therapeutics
- Every third weekend in both operational pharmacy and clinical pharmacists' roles
- Residents must work a major and a minor holiday
- Each resident is expected to plan, design, and complete a major project with the guidance of a preceptor; results are presented at the Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference.
- Each resident is required to complete one additional smaller project, which often is a Medication Use Evaluation.
Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference and ASHP Annual Summer Meeting