Make an Appointment
To make an appointment call 713-790-2700 complete our online registration form.
While there is no definite way to prevent breast cancer, there are some things you can do to reduce your risk and to ensure that any cancerous cells are found and treated early.
- Examine your breasts regularly for any lumps or other abnormalities
- Have an annual mammogram beginning at the age 40 or earlier if you have other risk factors
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Stay physically active
- Eat a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- Limit your alcohol intake to no more than one drink a day
- If you are post-menopausal, discuss the risks involved in hormone replacement therapy with your doctor
Learn more about breast cancer:
- About Breast Cancer
- Diagnosing Breast Cancer
- Treating Breast Cancer
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer Clinic
- Breast Health Resources
- Breast Cancer Clinical Trials
For more information about breast cancer treatment at the Methodist Cancer Center or to make an appointment, call us at 713-790-2700.