Pamela New, M.D.
Methodist Neurological Institute
Department of Neurosurgery
Associate Professor of Clinical Neurological Surgery
Weill Medical College of Cornell University
6560 Fannin St. Suite 944
Houston, TX 77030
As a neuro-oncologist, Dr. New provides treatment to patients with metastatic and primary brain tumors, including high-grade gliomas. Dr. New leads the neuro-oncology program at Houston Methodist, which encompasses clinical care, supportive services and educational programs for patients and caregivers. Her research is focused on clinical trials for patients with both newly diagnosed and recurrent malignant gliomas.
Dr. New hosts a monthly support group meeting at Houston Methodist for patients with brain tumors, their families and caregivers. The meetings offer didactic lectures as well as a forum in which patients, families and caregivers can share their experiences to help others cope in similar conditions.
- Brain cancer
- Intrathecal therapy
- Neurological complication of cancer and its treatment
- Vaccine Therapy
- Glioblastoma multiforme
- Brain Metastases
- CNS Lymphomas
Education and Training:
- B.S., Northwestern University
- M.D., Northwestern University
- Residencies in: General Surgery and Neurosurgery, New York Hospital, Cornell Medical Center; and Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine
- Fellowship in Neuro-oncology, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Phase IB study of gene-mediated cytotoxic immunotherapy adjuvant to up-front surgery and intensive timing radiation for malignant glioma. Chiocca EA, Aguilar LK, Bell SD, Kaur B, Hardcastle J, Cavaliere, R, McGregor J, Lo S, Ray-Chaudhuri A, Chakravarti A, Grecula J, Newton H, Harris KS, Grossman RG, Trask TW, Baskin DS, Monterroso C, Manzanera AG, Aguilar-Cordova E, New PZ. J. Clin. Oncol. 2011. 29(27):3611-9.
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of COL-3 in patients with recurrent high-grade gliomas. Rudek MA, New P, Mikkelsen T, Phuphanich S, Alavi JB, Nabors LB, Piantadosi S, Fisher JD, Grossman SA. J Neurooncol. 2011 May 6.