Methodist Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine
6550 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77030
713-790-9250 – Physician’s main office
713-441-9229 – Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine
Maps & Directions
A recognized expert in the treatment of female colorectal issues, Michael Snyder graduated from the CRC fellowship program and joined the Colon & Rectal Clinic in 1998.
Dr. Snyder became the director of the CRC Colorectal Surgical Fellowship program in 2005. He is board Certified by the American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery and the American Board of Surgery.
- Louisiana State University, Shreveport, LA
- William Beaumont AMC, El Paso, TX
- Clinic Commander, Classified Army Base, Turkey
Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency
- University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, Houston, TX
General Surgery Residency
- William Beaumont Amry Medical Center, El Paso, TX
- Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
Areas of Excellence
- Rectal prolapse
- Recto-vaginal fistulas
- Anal incontinence
- Bailey, H. R., Snyder, M. J.: Operative Management of Hidradenitis Suppurativa; Operative Techniques in General Surgery; June 2001, volume 3, number 2.
- Albright, J.B., Pidala, M.J., Cali, J.R., Snyder, M.J., Bailey, H.R., Voloyiannis, T.: MRSA-related Perianal Abscesses: An Under-recognized Disease Entity; The University of Texas Affiliated Hospitals, Houston, TX. Diseases of the Colon and Rectum: July 2007, Vol. 50, Number 7, p. 996-1003.
- Voloyiannis, T., Snyder, M.J., Bailey, HR, Pidala, M.: Management of the Difficult Colon Polyp Referred for Resection: Resect or Rescope?; The University of Texas Affiliated Hospitals, Houston, TX. Diseases of the Colon and Rectum: 2007 Accepted for publication.
- Rosenfield, D., Snyder, M.J., Patel, Shashi: Neurophysiology of the External Anal Sphincter, Fecal Incontinence, and Sphincter Reconstruction; The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX. International Poster and Podium Presentation Slavenia, June 2007. Awaiting publication.
- Abcarian, H., Bailey, H.R., Bimbaum, E. H., Champagne, B.J., Cintron, J.R., Corman, M.L., Ellis, C.N., Finne, III., C.O., Kaiser, A.M., Ky, A.J., Marcet, J.E., Poirier, M., Snyder, M. J., Strong, S.A., Weiss, E.G.: The Surgisis AFP Anal Fistula Plug: Report of a Consensus Conference; Colorectal Disease: January 2008,10, 17-20.