Houston, TX 77030
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
- Medicine Residency at Washington University, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Cardiology Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Subspecialty certification in Echocardiography
Areas of Interest
- Treatment of heart disease in women
- Cardiovascular disease
- Valvular heart disease
Dr. Kurrelmeyer talks women's heart health with Houston radio station Sunny 99.1.
Dr. Kurrelmeyer's Biography
Dr. Karla M. Kurrelmeyer is Medical Director of Methodist DeBakey Cardiology Associates and Assistant Professor of Weill Cornell Medical College and New York Presbyterian Hospital. As a clinical cardiologist, Dr. Kurrelmeyer has a particular interest in prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease in women. Her research interests include noninvasive stress testing for the detecting of coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure in women. She has also done studies on lipid management, hormone effects and platelet function in women.
To make an appointment with Dr. Kurrelmeyer call 713-441-1100 or request a referral online
Learn more about Methodist DeBakey Cardiology Associates: