6550 Fannin St.
Houston, TX 77030
- Medical School: St. John's Medical College, Bangalore, India
- Graduate School: Masters in Public Health (Epidemiology) University of Alabama, Birmingham
- Medicine Residency at University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX
- Cardiology Fellowship at University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, IA
- Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation Fellowship at University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, IA
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Medicine (Board Eligible)
- Heart Failure and Transplantation (Board Eligible)
Areas of Interest
- Advanced Heart Failure and Heart Transplantation
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Right Heart Catheterization and Endomyocardial Biopsy
English, Hindi and Kannada
Dr. Ashrith's Biography
Dr. Guha Ashrith specializes in the care of patients with advanced heart failure, heart pumps and cardiac transplants. He received his medical degree from St.John's Medical College in India. He moved to Birmingham, Alabama where he completed a Masters in Public Health with specialization in Epidemiology. Dr. Ashrith completed his residency at the University of Texas Medical School, Houston during which he was selected to the ΑΩΑ. He continued at the University of Texas Medical School as an assistant professor in the Department of Internal medicine.
He subsequently completed his cardiology and advanced heart failure fellowship at the University of Iowa during which he was served as the chief fellow. His research interests include LV non-compaction cardiomyopathy, mechanical circulatory support and cardiac allograft rejection.
To make an appointment with Dr. Ashrith call 713-441-1100 or request a referral online
Learn more about Methodist DeBakey Cardiology Associates: