Residency applications and the additional items below must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Medical school academic transcript
(including a Dean's letter)
- Curriculum vitae.
- USMLE/ COMLEX Scores (must possess a passing score of > 200)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Valid ECFMG certificate/J-1 visa (if applicable)
Applicants for Residency must have graduated from medical school within 3 years and meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of medical schools outside of the U.S. and Canada or Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. who have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school who meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a current valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Holds a J-1 Visa or is a US Citizen, a Naturalized US Citizen or permanent resident
Interview Selection Process
- All information must be submitted prior to an application being reviewed.
- Interviews are by invitation only. If you have been selected, we will contact you.
- Application Deadline is October 28, 2012.
- Interview dates
- January 4 and 5, 2013
Additional Interview Information
For more information, contact our Residency Coordinator:
Cardiovascular Surgery Residency Coordinator
The Methodist Hospital
Division of Vascular Surgery
6550 Fannin Street, Smith Tower 1401
Houston, Texas 77030