- Medical school academic transcript (including a Dean's letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores (must possess a passing score of > 200)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Valid ECFMG certificate/J-1 visa (if applicable)
- American Board of Surgery In-training (ABSITE) exams scores (all years average must be > 50 percentile)
- Medical school diploma in its original language, as well as in English (copied and notarized, stating that it is a true copy of the original)
- Medical school transcript in its original language, as well as in English (copied and notarized, stating that it is a true copy of the original)
Applicants for Vascular Surgery Fellowship must have graduated from a 5 year ACGME-accredited General Surgery residency program and must be eligible for examination by the American Board of Surgery.
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the U.S. accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside of the U.S. and Canada or Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. who have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school who meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a current valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Holds a J-1 Visa or is a US Citizen, a Naturalized US Citizen or permanent resident
Interview Selection Process
- All information must be submitted prior to an application being reviewed.
- Interviews are by invitation only. If you have been selected, we will contact you.
- We will not be accepting applications for Vascular Fellowship 2014.
Cardiovascular Surgery Residency Coordinator
The Methodist Hospital
Division of Vascular Surgery
6550 Fannin Street, Smith Tower 1401
Houston, Texas 77030