Juan Gonzalez, M.D.
Juan Gonzalez, M.D.
Selected Professional Activity
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine 1992
American Board of Internal Medicine - Nephrology 1998
- Voluntary Clinical Instructor, Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Medicine 8/00 to present
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Renal Section 7/91 to 7/00
- Instructor, Texas Tech Health Sciences Center (Lubbock) 7/88-6/89
- Chief Resident, Texas Tech Health Sciences Center (Lubbock) 6/87-7/88
- National Kidney Foundation (National and Southeast Division)
- American Federation for Clinical Research
- International Society of Nephrology
- Houston-Gulf Coast Area Nephrology Association, President-elect
- Harris County Medical Society
- Distinctions, Prizes, and Awards
- Outstanding Intern of the Year, 1985-86 Oustanding Senior Resident of the Year 1987-88
- Alpha Omega Alpha - Member 1988
- National Kidney Foundation Research Fellowship Award Project: "Cloning and Characterization of Ca2+ATPases in Rat Kidney" 7/90-6/91
- Annual Department of Medicine - Residents and Fellows Research Symposium. "Cloning and Sequencing of Ca2+ ATPases in Rat Kidney" 5/91
- National Kidney Foundation Young Investigator Award Project: "Cloning and Characterization of Ca2+ ATPases in Rat Kidney" 7/91-6/93
- Ciba-Geigy Research Study: "A Randomized, Double- Blind Parallel Group Comparison of Benazepril Hcl and Lisinopril in Hypertensive Patients 7/92-3/93
- National Institutes of Health Grant, Recruitment and Retention of Underrepresented Minorities into Academic Research. Project: Cloning and Localization of a New Ca2+ ATPase in the Rat Kidney" 9/92-8/94
- The Methodist Hospital Foundation Research Award Project: "Molecular Basis of Calcium Transport in Hypertension" 1/93-12/95
- Pfizer Research Study: "A Novel Event of Calcium Channel Blockers" 3/95
- Internal Medicine Residency
Roosevelt Hospital (Guatemala City) Internal Medicine 4/80-1/82
- Nephrology Fellowship
Texas Tech Health Sciences Center (Lubbock) Nephrology 7/88-6/89
- Baylor College of Medicine (Houston) Nephrology 7/89-6/91
Published 27 articles on various aspects of kidney function and disease including articles on hypertension and calcium transport.
Dr. Gonzalez's Biography
Juan Gonzalez, MD completed his internal medicine residency at Roosevelt Hospital in Guatemala City. He went on to a nephrology fellowship at Texas Tech Health Sciences Center, Lubbock and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He is board certified in both internal medicine and nephrology. Dr. Gonzalez is currently a Voluntary Clinical Instructor at Baylor College of Medicine and has published multiple articles on various aspects of kidney function and disease including articles on hypertension and calcium transport. Dr. Gonzalez was recently awarded the Voluntary Faculty Clinical Teaching Award for 2011-2012.